When you’ve received a $50 gift voucher to JB Hi–Fi for Christmas you really don’t have an option: you have to visit their store. When your Mother (foolishly) informs you that they’re having a sale, you might as well just burn your wallet right then and there. We’ve discussed this ‘JB Madness’ before, but I’ll paint you a picture anyway:
- Chris visits his Mother on his day off.
- Chris tells his Mother his plans for the day; mostly running errands, but maybe dropping by JB to blow his Christmas gift voucher on some DVDs he wants.
- Chris’ Mother tells him they’re having a sale.
- Chris’ eyes light up.
- Chris flies to the nearest JB Hi–Fi store.
- Chris sees wall after wall of DVDs on sale.
- Chris is disappointed to find Donnie Darko absent from their collection, but decides to make up for its absence with further purchases. Namely:
- Vanilla Sky
- American Beauty
- Pay it Forward
- Minority Report
- Devil’s Advocate
- Romeo + Juliet (the Baz Luhrmann version, yes)
- Requiem for a Dream
- Chris later feels pangs of regret for waltzing into JB Hi–Fi with a $50 gift voucher and leaving with $200 worth of DVDs.
Thankfully I made myself a little rule forbidding the purchase DVDs that weren’t on sale, else I would’ve left with a few Futurama season box sets and a bunch of other overpriced DVDs. Still need to find Donnie Darko though…