Downsides to being unplugged
- Completely missing Rands’ Call for Writers. God damn it.
- Completely missing Ryan Sias’ birthday. Happy Birthday, Ryan.
- Having nothing better to do, giving my ass ample time to develop a relationship with the couch.
- Spending said time on the couch watching terrible movies including, but not limited to, Rocky III and Rocky IV, Waterworld, and Robocop 3.
- Forgetting many of the wondrous things that have happened over the last twelve days because, well, I’ve had no means to archive them. I’ve found in the past that maintaining a weblog actually allows me to recall events and opinions, so I’m not left saying “I… don’t… know” when somebody queries what I did at the weekend.
- Not keeping up with the Camino nightlies.
- Not being able to respond to emails in a timely fashion… or at all.
- Being slugged with a hojillion new items in NetNewsWire, and knowing I’ll have to skip so many of them.